Saturday, April 12, 2008

Interactions

The best part about having two children (besides the very generous 2nd child rebate from the government) is watching how they interact with each other. It like they exist separately in their own Lilliputan world and adapt their activities to suit the audience.

Because Kayla still doesn't have a voice of her own, she pretty much caters to Alicia's demands on how their 5 minute play periods should run. I say 5 minutes because that's how long it takes before Kayla gets annoyed at being man (or rather girl) handled like a ragdoll by her older sister and that's pretty much how quickly Alicia gets bored as well.

So this is how the 5 minutes evolved today.....


Alicia: I want to carry mei-mei. Mummy can you put her on me and take a picture?

I quickly obliged because it's not often I get Alicia to willingly agree to have her picture taken. Start of the 5 minutes - Kayla is thrilled to get some attention and Alicia is giggly from Kayla lying on her.

I take Kayla off and put her on the bed and Alicia goes "I want to lie down like mei-mei too".



Doesn't take long for this trick to tire so Alicia, being the brains of the operation, decides she's going to tell mei-mei a "secret".



This goes on for a while as Alicia thinks up three or four sweet nothings to whisper into Kayla's ear. As you can imagine, the monologue got tiresome and she decided "Let's make a T" ...


This heralded the end of the 5 minute play for Kayla as she started fussing and writhing on the bed. So I got one last shot in and called it a day.

No comments: